If We Had No Winter Art Journal Page

"If We Had No Winter" Art Journal Page

Hello,

Here is my new project - an art journal page.

if we had now winter art journal page by Maria Vachkova



For my art journal I use an old book with glued pages. I prepared the pages with some white gesso, then I glued some pieces of patterned paper. I had made my own stencils and used them with structure paste to create texture in the background. To give color to the pages I used acrylic sprays. After that I stamped here and there with some stamps by Prima Marketing. I didn't use ink but metallic marker to do the stamping.

I had colored a digital image by Power Poppy with watercolor pencils by Koh-i-noor and glued that image on the right side of my art journal. 

if we had now winter art journal page by maria vachkova

if we had now winter art journal page by maria vachkova





I also added die-cut snowflakes ( Joy Crafts die) and some small snowflakes, made with a punch. Then I draw a line, connecting the snowflakes, with white acrylic paint.

On regular paper I printed a quote by Anne Bradstreet - "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant". Then I used watercolor pencils to blend it with the background.

if we had now winter art journal page by maria vachkova


I used finger wax to define some parts of the background. I also put some dark blue color around the flowers with my watercolor pencil to create shadow. Finally, I made splashes with with white, blue and green acrylic paints mixed with some water.

if we had now winter art journal page by maria vachkova

if we had now winter art journal page by maria vachkova

if we had now winter art journal page by maria vachkova






I hope you'll like my art journal page and will enjoy my video as well.








I'd like to enter the following challenges:






























NEXT POST                                                                                                               PREVIOUS POST



Comments

  1. Beautiful pages! I love all the texture that you created and you have brought the quote to life beautifully with the snowflakes and spring flowers 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW what a fantastic art journal page, love the scene and beautiful colouring. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, we hope to see more of your creations soon, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful spread - all the texture and the scenery and how you interpreted the quote just is stunning and great to see the progress in a video! Thank you very much for joining us over at Art Journal Journey!
    We would love to see you more often in the future!
    Happy March and sending hugs from Austria

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous page! I love the background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal pages and love all the techniques and mediums used.Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing page. Love the colors and your coloring is fab. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal page turned out so beautiful. So glad you joined us for the March challenge of "Anything Goes".

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking for the March challenge of "Color It In". It really is a marvelous journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous creation!! I'm always in awe of those that can create mixed media projects, as I know I would never be able to pull it off!! Your coloring on those beautiful flowers is stunning! And the sentiment is so true; though I would like a chance to try enjoying spring without having to have the winter! ;) Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack and LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome journal pages!! The colors are bright and beautiful. Thanks for joining in our March challenge at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow very cool
    Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great journal page! Lovely!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator and Owner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice pages showing something of both seasons, great idea. I also like the background colors and textures. Very well done.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful pages!!!
    I like the background!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMP

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so lovely! Thanks for playing with us at MMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely journal spread. Gorgeous colour blends and textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous work thank you for joining us on this month's challenge over on
    Ching Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
    Dianne xx
    DT for CCK
    http://crazycraftshed.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great sentiment on this lovely colourful spread. Thank you for sharing at A Inky Mess challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi just popping back so say---Thank you for joining us at Inky Mess
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice! I like those vibrant colors and all the interesting things that went on your journal page. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, colourful aj spread, and your quote is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed your video and loved watching the process, thank you for sharing Maria. I like your homemade stencils too. Stunning and vibrant creation. I love seeing your entry at STAMPlorations Mixed Media March challenge and best of luck.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations {Mixed Media Design Team}
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}
    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful art journal pages. Love the vibrant colors and textures you created. Thanks for sharing with us at Mix It UP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment